Welcome to the StratOG Non-Technical Skills tutorial on Improving workplace behaviour.
It is absolutely vital that doctors can work to the best of their ability and this resource aims to help trainees/trainers become more aware of the difficult issues surrounding undermining and bullying in the workplace, illustrating various methods on how to tackle this.
When you have completed this tutorial you will be aware of:
- the behaviours which constitute bullying, harassment and intimidation and how to define them
- ways to recognise our responses to these behaviours and understand the influence of culture and external factors on our response
- the effect these behaviours can have on education and training as well as patient care
- ways of addressing and reducing these behaviours and thereby promoting constructive working relationships
- how to access guidance/support or escalate concerns/issues
- how to develop individual and personalised SMART objectives.