Welcome to this course; this eLearning package contains the main things you need to know about human factors and patient safety.
This tutorial should take 60–90 minutes to complete. Note that you do not have to complete the eTutorial in one attempt, and you can re-visit the material.
When you have completed this tutorial you will be able to:
- understand of the role of human factors in healthcare error
- understand the causes of error and harm events
- be aware of the situations which make errors more likely
- be aware of ways to reduce the incidence of errors and errors causing harm
- understand how human cognition impacts errors.
This package was developed for the North West Simulation Education Network (NWSEN) and is available under creative commons license.
- Ian Selby
- Jackie Hanson
- Mark Hellaby
- Alys Kay
- Mike Dickinson
- Mark Pimblett
Thanks also to reviews and comments by: NWSEN, HF working group, other regional and national contacts.
Human Factors eLearning module by NWSEN is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License.
Last updated September 2015.