This is usually of 3 minutes duration.
- Open brush
- Turn tap on and adjust temperature
- Wet hands and arms under running water
- Turn off tap
- Apply antimicrobial solution 5 ml (one pump) to hands and arms up to 2.5 cm past the elbow for 30 seconds
- Remove pick from brush packet and clean nails for 15 seconds in all
- Discard pick and use brush on nails only for 15 seconds each hand, on completion the brush should be discarded
- Scrub all sides of each digit, including connecting web spaces, the back of the hands and palms for 1 minute
- Rinse off solution from fingertips to elbow
- Apply anti microbial solution to hands and halfway down forearms
- Wash hands paying particular attention to washing between the digits, the back of the hands and palms for 1 minute
- Finish off applying a circular movement from wrist to halfway down forearms
- Final rinse and turn tap off with elbow
- Allow excess water to drain from the elbows into the sink
- Walk to gowning and gloving area with hands held away from the body keeping hands higher than elbows.