This is the recommended technique for those involved in a surgical procedure.
- Grip the sterile inside pack through your gown cuffs keeping the fingers inside the gown cuff, open and display the gloves upside down.
- Place your right thumb inside the top cuff edge of the right glove (thumb-to-thumb), pick up and lay flat on your right hand.
- Place left thumb under the cuff exposed on right glove, and stretch glove over right hand.
- Keeping your right fingers straight, pull down the glove with your left hand, using a combination of glove and sleeve pulling.
- Ensure the white cuff remains inside the glove.
- Repeat procedure with left glove.
Step 7 in the video on the previous page demonstrates how to use the closed-glove technique (05:30 minutes).